MDUC - Louise's sketch

Well, I think I might have almost coloured every Magnolia stamps I own... almost ;o)
They've been released so quickly and so many beautiful ones this year that I just haven't been able to keep up.
This stamp was a special release about a year ago so she will probably find her way into a collection very soon. She is just adorable. She is Winter Skating Tilda. 


There is a new challenge at MDUC this week - and it is a sketch by our gorgeous Louise. 
It would be great if you could play along!!


The gorgeous chipboard circle and branch are from Make it Crafty
The poinsettias, pearls and brads are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Everything else is from my stash.

I haven't updated you all about the goings on in our lives here at the moment so I think it is time!
Some of you will know that we have had our house on the market for almost a year now. A couple of weeks ago we finally accepted an offer and are in the process of contracts being exchanged for both the sale of the house, and for the purchase of our new block of land. 
It has been a long year and very stressful. BUT - there is a light at the end of that tunnel now and we are so excited to be finally moving on. 
Our new home is going to be built on 38 acres (15 ha) looking over a beautiful valley and we are still quite close to town, only 15 minutes drive. 
The next few months are going to be very exciting while the house is designed and construction begins. The plan is to be in the new house by May/June. My FIL is a retired builder so will be project managing and we will be doing a lot of the labour ourselves to keep the construction costs low. It is going to be a fantastic experience for the boys, seeing their new home go up around them. Jeroen and I built our current house the same way and while it was so much fun, it was also constant hard work, we were so happy to finally be in the house and vowed never to leave, haha. 
So we will be quite busy over the next 9 months or so! I'll try and post some photos as we go. 

If I am a little quiet on my blog from time to time, it is probably just because I am knee deep in mud, busy choosing finishes or kitted out with a tool belt and hammer, lol. 
I hope to still find time to relax with my beloved Maggie stamps but I just don't know how often!

Well... that is enough of my rambling for now :o) 
I do have another card to share with you tomorrow - I have to make the most of my crafty time while I can!




Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs x


Comments

  1. Congratulations on selling your house and for buying your new property.

    Your card is so gorgeous. So many beautiful details and your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card as always...congrats on selling your home and building a new home.
    hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to read all this Kylie and wish you all the best in the prosess :)
    I love all your work and this card is really no exeption! The colours are wonderful and all your details are just perfect. Love the chipboard, looks beautiful around Tilda.
    have a nice weekend and take care :)
    Lots of hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, what a great card. I love it. The image pops out. Perfect coloration!. Indeed so many stamps, it is hard to keep upp. Lovely pictures!
    Hugs Sinikka

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous!! I love the layout and you always have such great attention to detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, you always put together such yummy colours.
    How exciting having your own wonderful house built in such a beautiful location!!
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously Kylie.........if I could color like you, I would break out those dumb copics more often. Can you just fly over and give me some lessons PLEASE??? haha! I LOVE your coloring!!!! Your card is simply gorgeous.
    Best of luck with your new home building. Sounds exciting, but a lot of work!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous in every way and good luck with your house build, how exciting!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweet Kylie

    Great to hear everything went well with your house
    And yes it's A LOT of work specially whit your knees to the mud Yak
    Wel your creation is adorable as always
    Love the sketch from Louise
    You made it look so gorgeous, love it!!
    Hugs and good luck!
    Sonja xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on selling your house! Awesome to see pics of where your new home will be built. I can imagine it'll be a lot of hard work, but in the end it'll be so worth it! The view is spectacular; good luck with everything! Oh...and very cute X-mas card as well!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.