Dreaming of Paris

I was just having a little bit of a play with a few different ideas with this card :)

I've been itching to ink up my Eifell Tower stamp for a while, its one of those stamps that have only seen ink once or twice before (very BAD!) and I recently bought little Heartbreaker Edwin and I thought they would work well together.  The papers are Sassafrass Lass "Indie Girl" and have been sitting on my desk waiting for attention since before Christmas (very, very BAD!).  The hot air balloons are one of my favourite accessory stamps that I ink up and fill in gaps when I find the opportunity.



The distressed look of my card is something I don't do very often but these gorgeous papers and lace were just crying out for it. The paper flower behind the rose is a Magnolia Doo Hickey die "Peony Petals". The Eifell Tower is actually stamped in "Antique Linen" distress ink, then stamped over in versamark and embossed with clear powder to make it glossy. The crochet doily was a pressie from a friend and the lace is Kaisercraft.

Everything is coloured in Copics and machine stitched for fun :)

Some challenges are.....
Friday Sketchers #136
Secret Crafter - Tons of Texture
Bunny Zoe - Love is in the Air

This post is also on my Magnolia only blog.... "Magnolia ... by Kylie..."

Comments

  1. O My!! This is just too sweet for words! love all the layers you have created...wowsers!!! And doi spy some seam binding..totally lurving that at the moment too!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty vintage card!! Your coloring is so pretty as is the layout!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouw Kylie this one is really amazing!

    hugs, Durvina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just stunning. Love everything about it.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card

    Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly gorgeous card!! Love all the sweet details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woww.....this one is realy amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Kylie - I just love this one. All the little details really draw you in... hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG This is sooooo gorgeous!!! Absolutly love anything with Effiel towers!
    Kristy xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh... gorgeous!! LOVE it... those stamps work wonderfully together and those hot air balloons are just the cutest!!!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH! Kylie, this is so tender... Paris being the city for love, and Edwin dreaming of a trip there... perfect scenario for a love movie. All the details are beautiful
    Hugs. Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, this is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely!!! I hope Edwin is dreaming of me,wink wink wink, lol!! Beautiful work, just love all those colours working together!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo La La !!! Kylie your little Edwin sure does look like he is dreaming of Paris!! Your Tower looks so cool with the Hot air Balloons!! I love the paper you used to stamp the tower on and the lace and Doliy look really fantastic!! I love that Flower!! Awesome Work:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous card Kylie. Your colouring of Edwin is amazing and love all the details also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work Kylie. I wish I could tap into your mind and get some of your creative ideas. You always amaze me. Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! Love the blue and brown/green combination.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Kylie! This is really dreaming, I LOVE it!
    All the elements are so beautiful and unique, and it comes togerher so well.
    Its amazing!

    Have a nice day. :)
    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Waht a beautiful card and nice stamps.
    Hand-crocheted is beautiful.

    Hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Kylie - when you have an idea it's alaways amazing - LOVE how this turned out!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh this is superb, I love all of the texture, and the soft colour tones

    thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 116: Tons Of Texture,
    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooooo lalamazing! Love this and your colouring as always is just FABULOUS, what an inspiration for all copic colouring people out there and in fact even me hehe, a non copic gal!

    Hugs Kel xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card - love the little balloons!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it Kylie!
    Have a great week-end!
    Hugs, iulia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.