Gingerbread house

So here is what I spent yesterday afternoon doing... our gingerbread house! I've made one before to give to my in-laws (the year my father-in-law built our house, thought it was a cute idea) and since then my husband has been begging for me to make another one for him. He is the biggest sweet tooth I know... although my little Jarred is looking as though he is going to rival daddy...

I make the gingerbread from scratch, rather than buy one of those pre-baked kits. I love the smell in the kitchen as it bakes. So Christmassy! I think next time though, I need to be a little more adventurous with the lollies... maybe some jelly beans and freckles. My little house pales in comparison to some of the enormous ones I've seen on google images - some people build all out mansions! And though small, it still took a good three hours to make! It is filled with marshmellows on special request from my husband. As if it wasnt sweet enough!

So here it is - in all its sugary glory. Diabetics beware!

Comments

  1. Wow Kylie this is gorgeous hunny, love it. Every year I say I want to try making one but never get round to it.
    Happy Christmas, I hope you all have a great time
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gingerbread house! We made one here this year too, first time in a long time. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.